Are you interested in a Nonprofit Fundraising career? Looking to get back into the field after taking a break?
The MAPS Cambridge office is looking for an Awards Gala Fundraising Volunteer to help plan and implement the MAPS 2018 Awards Gala, scheduled for April 28th, 2018 in Cambridge.
The Assistant will work with the Development Manager, and sometimes other staff members.*
- We’re looking for someone with strong writing, organizational and communication skills, who knows how to use MS Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of photo, database and/or social media tools preferred– will train.
- Weekday hours—a commitment of at least 3-4 hours per week is preferred.
MAPS needs help with:
- Updating and distributing Gala materials and correspondence
- Soliciting, organizing and tracking Silent Auction items and Program Book ads from area businesses and community leaders
- Helping at, and hopefully enjoying, the Gala event itself! You will get a free ticket.
- Experience with professional Fundraising and Special Event Planning
- Learning about Health and Human Services, including organizational, program, computer, clerical, writing and presentation skills
- Help building your Resume
- Future potential Employment Opportunities
- Networking, learning and practicing Portuguese (optional!)
To apply for this Volunteer position, please fill out the attached MAPS Volunteer Application Form and send it with an email expressing your interest in the Gala Fundraising Assistant position as soon as possible to:
Andrew Carten, Development Manager (email@example.com).
You may also drop off or mail your printed application and a short cover letter to MAPS, 1046 Cambridge St., Cambridge, MA 02139. For any questions, please contact Andrew at the above email or at (617) 864-7600.
*All MAPS staff & volunteers must have a “CORI” criminal background check and reference check